Tregwilym Lodge Nursing Home, Rogerstone
|Client||Community Care Systems Ltd|
The construction of two small extensions to the rear of the existing property, minor alterations within the property and minor external works to provide four new bedroom suites to the existing nursing home. The first extension was formed at the end of an existing extension and houses the relocated staff rest room and toilet on the ground floor and two new bedroom suites on the first floor. The existing staff rest room was converted into another bedroom suite.
The second extension was constructed above an existing single storey bedroom suite and houses the final new bedroom suite. The adjacent bathroom, sluice room and ensuite bathrooms were also refurbished to provide the required accommodation.
The project involved:
- demolition of the flat roof over the existing rest room;
- demolition of the pitched roof above the existing bedroom suite;
- provision of new underground drainage as required;
- 300mm cavity walls to the new extensions including 100mm Celcon blocks and 100mm red clay facing brickwork to match existing;
- new uPVC windows with brick cills to both extensions;
- new pitched roof construction to both extensions tied into the existing roof structure;
- all necessary mechanical, electrical and fire alarm works;
- vinyl flooring, plaster finish to walls and decoration throughout;
- and a new steel fire escape staircase.